Looking what’s different can you cook using chicken breast? These chicken fritters are your perfect option. Made with lean chicken breast, Greek yogurt and cheese these fritters will look great on your dinner plate and will diversify for you meal prep.Jump to Recipe
Serving size for the recipe: 4 servings
*1 pound chicken breast: its approximately 2 medium sized chicken breast.
*1 large egg: egg will help to keep the fritters together.
*½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese: if you a have any other type of shredded cheese- use it.
*2 tbsp. Greek yogurt
*2-3 tbsp. white flour: flour will help all the ingredients to bind and stay together. You can substitute white flour to any gluten free flout of your choice.
*¼ teaspoon dry garlic: garlic will make fritters more aromatic. You can always use fresh minced garlic but be careful because it burns easily.
*¼ teaspoon salt or more by taste
*2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or cilantro: greens go well in this recipe but if you do not have any fresh herbs, just kip them at all or add any dry ones.
*1 tablespoon of olive Olive oil for frying: you might need more depending on your frying pan. I used the non-stick pan so did not need to much oil.
HOW TO COOK THE FRITTERS:
- Pat dry chicken breast with paper towel. Place one breast on a meat cutting board and start cutting it lengthwise into strips, half inch thick or smaller. Then rotate it while still holding it down and chop again into small even cubes. It’s up to your preference, I like to dice into littler bigger cubes, so it doesn’t feel like it’s ground chicken.
- After dicing both chicken breasts, place the meat into a big mixing bowl. Add first salt and dry spices, give it a quick mix. Afterwards add egg, yogurt, cheese and flour and last but not least chopped fresh parsley. Mix everything with the spoon or hands until well combined, cover the bowl and put it into the fridge for at least 20 min. It will be much easier to form and cook the fritters when they are chilled and the meat will have time to marinate little, it will become more tender.
- Take out the bowl the meat mix, heat the pan over medium heat, add oil. Using a big spoon, scoop the meat out of the bowl, flattening it little with hands if needed and place it on the pan. Fry for 2 min on each side over medium heat or until golden. Once both sides are browned, cover, lower the heat and cook for another 5 min or until internal temperature 165 F. I like these fritters only slightly browned with less oil to make them healthier. But if you like more fried and crispy ones, just use little more oil and cook them uncovered.
- Place the cooked fritters in one layer on paper towel to absorb any extra oil. Enjoy once they cool down little bit.
HOW TO STORE THE FRITTERS:
Once they are completely cooled down, place fritters in air tight container and store in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat on the microwave for 30 min at a time or in 350 F oven on some parchment paper for 10-15 min.
Simple Chicken Frtitters with Cheese
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoon white flour
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for frying
- Gather all ingredients. Dice chicken breasts into half inch or smaller cubes. Chop parsley.
- In a big bowl mix together cubed chicken, salt, dry garlic, egg, yogurt, flour, cheese and parsley. Mix everything well with the spoon or hands. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 min.
- Heat non stick frying pan over medium heat, take the meat mix out of the fridge. Using a big spoon scoop the mix, similar to when you make pancakes and place it onto the heted frying pan. Repeat with the rest of the meat.
- Fry 2 min on each side until golden on medium heat, lower the heat, cover and cook for another 5 min pr more until fully cooked and internal temperature 165 F. Place cooked fritters on paper towels to get rid of extra oil. Enjoy!