There is nothing easier than making this air fryer omelette. Don't let your busy mornings make you skip the most important meal of the day. This 4 egg omelette is made the fresh eggs, bacon bits, and veggies (for extra nutrients).
If you are looking for what to serve with this air fryer omelette, check out these air fryer carrots and potatoes. Perfect side dish for breakfast eggs.
Why this air fryer omelette is so awesome
- minimum dirty dishes
- it is very delicious and even more nutritious (high quality protein, omegas, and vitamins)
- this large 4 egg omelette cooks in your air fryer in less than 20 minutes.
- this omelette is thick and fluffy
- loaded with vegetables and protein, which makes it perfect for kids.
Eggs - I always use organic or free-range eggs.
Yellow Bell Pepper - Use any bell pepper to make this omelette. It will add great flavor, taste, and also color to this meal. If you like spicy food, add some chopped jalapenos.
Cherry Tomatoes - Since tomatoes will be diced, you can use large or cherry ones. If you have cherry and regular size tomatoes, use the least fresh ones.
Milk - Just a little bit of milk or water will make this omelette more fluffy and it will raise better. There are lots of debates on adding milk or water to eggs. This recipe turns out great no matter what you pick
Bacon Bits - I had leftovers of bacon bits and they were perfect for this recipe. You can dice a few slices of lunch meats instead.
Fresh Parsley - it will add a nice green color and fresh spring taste to your omelette. You can also use dry parsley instead.
Salt and Spices - just a little bit of salt, black pepper and dry basil. You can use any other dry herbs of your choice.
See the recipe card for ingredients quantities.
How to cook omelette in the air fryer
Dice Vegetables - rinse all the vegetables and parsley under cold water and pat dry afterward. Using a sharp knife and a cutting board, chop bell peppers and cherry tomatoes into small pieces. Chop fresh parsley.
Add Eggs - in a large bowl, crack all 4 eggs. Now, add milk, a few pinches of salt, a few pinches of black pepper, and some dry basil. Whisk gently just until the eggs and milk are combined (do not have to be perfectly combined). Over-mixing will make your eggs rubbery.
Add Remaining Ingredients - now, add chopped veggies, parsley, and bacon bits to the eggs. Mix it gently to incorporate the ingredients evenly into the eggs.
Pour - After that, take a small 8 inches cake pan (see a note below this paragraph) and lay it with some parchment paper. If you have a solid baking pan ( I used spring form), just spray it with a little bit of cooking oil or grease it with butter to prevent sticking. Pour the eggs into the pan.
Note: you can use any other oven safe small dishes. For example, a glass oven-safe container (a round or a square one). Just make sure it fits inside your air fryer. If your air fryer came with a baking dish - even better.
Cook - preheat your air fryer at 350°F for 3 minutes. After that, take out the basket and carefully place there the pan with your omelette. Cook the omelette at 350° for 15 minutes. Take out the basket, and using a spatula raise the side of the omelette from the bottom. As long as no raw eggs running out and the omelette looks cooked from all the sides, it is ready. If it's still visibly raw, cook it for another 2-3 minutes or until fully cooked.
Hint: you can make a 2 egg omelette by cutting all ingredients quantity in half. 2 egg omelette will need to be air fried only for 10-12 minutes at 350°F.
If you do not have air fryer, you can easily make this recipe in the oven.
Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake the omelette for about 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked.
To make this recipe I use Ninja XL air fryer and a spring form cake 8-inch pan.
Any small oven-safe pan or even glass container will work for this recipe.
If using other types of air fryers the cooking time may vary and may need to be adjusted.
Serve this omelette as a high-protein breakfast or even as a dinner (breakfast for dinner nights).
It goes well with hash browns, steamed vegetables, fresh bread, or a fresh garden salad.
Transfer any leftovers to airtight container or wrap them in foil and place in a Ziploc bag. Store in the fridge for about 3 days.
All air fryers are different, check if eggs are cooked after 12 minutes to prevent overcooking. If they are still raw, add 2 minutes at a time until desired doneness.
-Can you reheat omelette?
There are a few ways you can reheat the omelette:
- Air fryer (the best way ) - for 2-3 minutes at 350°F
- Microwave (the fastest way) - on high for about 1 minute or until hot.
- Oven (the longest way) - 5-7 minutes at 350°F.
-Can you freeze the cooked omelette?
Yes, you can freeze the omelette for around 3 months.
Other nutritious breakfast ideas you may love
- Papaya smoothie bowl
- Beetroot waffles
- Cinnamon Spice Oatmeal Recipe
- Carrot omelette
- Chilli scrambled eggs
Air Fryer Omelette
- 1 Air Fryer Ninja XL or other brand
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 1 8 inch cake pan or any other oven safe dish
- 1 sheet of parchment paper
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk or water
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- ¼ bell pepper
- some fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon bacon bits
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoons dry basil or other dry herbs
- Dice tomatoes and bell pepper into small pieces. Chop fresh parsley.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, milk, salt, pepper and basil. Whisk until combined.
- Add chopped vegetables, parsley and bacon bits. Mix.
- Lay a pan with some parchment paper. Pour the eggs into a pan.
- Preheat air fryer for 3 minutes at 350°F. Place the pan with eggs inside the air fryer basket. Insert the basket back into the air fryer unit. Cooke at 350°F for 15 minutes. Check the eggs. If the omelette is still raw, cook for another 2 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Different air fryers may need different cooking time. Check the eggs are 15 minutes and cook more if needed.
- Mix just until combined, over mixing will make your eggs dense.
- You can use water instead of milk.
- the pan will be very hot, wait few minutes before removing it from the air fryer. Use oven gloves.
- nutrition facts may vary, for more accurate quantities weight or measure your ingredients and use nutrition apps (such as MyFitnessPal) to calculate the recipe calories and macros.