Air fryer carrots and potatoes are one of the easiest and most delicious potato side dish you can make in your air fryer. These carrots and potatoes are cooked with a little bit of olive oil and homemade spice mix until tender from the inside and extra crispy from the outside.
I just love making these quick carrots and potatoes in air fryer. When my husband gets home from work late, he often asks for some fresh food ( we all get tired of reheated dinners).
I love serving these hot and crispy air fryer carrots and potatoes as a side with the following protein options:
This recipe has been a lifesaver. I used to make this recipe in the oven, but air fryer is so much easier and faster to use (especially later at night).
The vegetables turn out so delicious and there will be no smoke or heavy smell after making this recipe. (the oven and frying pans have been a "no-no" for us at night after a few times smoke detector woke up our son). One of the reasons I purchased air fryer and have not regretted it yet.
⭐Why you will love this recipe
- This recipe will not require much time and effort or cleaning afterward.
- These roasted carrots and potatoes in air fryer are your healthier potatoes side dish, and you will not need much oil.
- It is made with simple ingredients and the best spice mix to match the vegetables perfectly.
- This side dish is filling and nutritious.
- This recipe is great for meal prep.
Potatoes: I used baby potatoes. You can use regular size or baby yellow and red potatoes with the skin.
Carrots: I use large washed and peeled carrots. Baby carrots will work well too. You might need to cut them in half to match the potatoes' pieces' size.
Olive oil: extra virgin olive oil or any other vegetable oil such as canola or sunflower seed will work well.
Spice mix: I used the best herbs (garlic powder, dry parsley, coriander, oregano, black pepper, paprika) and salt to match carrots and potatoes. The herbs go very well together and the mix is not too strong to overpower the veggies.
🔪How to air fry carrots and potatoes
Prepare the Vegetables - First, wash and scrub both potatoes and carrots well. I used potatoes with thin skin, so I didn't peel them. I peeled only the carrots (optional). Dry potatoes by using a clean kitchen towel or paper towel. Cut carrots and potatoes into approximately the same size chunks or cubes. I simply quartered my baby potatoes and chopped carrots into approximately the same side as potatoes. They do not have to be perfect.
Make the Seasoning Mix - Measure the required amount of salt, coriander, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, parsley and black pepper. Now, Add the spices to the bowl and mix to combine.
Coat with Oil - Transfer cut vegetables into a large bowl. Add the olive oil and mix well until all the pieces are coated.
Air Fry 15 minutes - Transfer carrots and potatoes into your air fryer basket. Air fry at 390°F for about 15 minutes, tossing them at halftime. The vegetables need to be a tender fork from the inside and crispy outside. You may need more or less time depending on your air fryer.
Season - Now, that our vegetables are cooked, take out the basket and add the spices and salt. Using a wooden or silicone spatula, mix the vegetables until evenly coated.
Air Fry 5 minutes - At this time, air fry carrots and potatoes for another 5 minutes at 400°F. Serve hot and enjoy!
🍛How to serve air fryer carrots and potatoes
At the beginning of this post, I left a few recipe recommendations that go well with these potatoes and carrots.
These tasty veggies can be served as a side dish with chicken or steak (dinner), or eggs (breakfast).
I recommend serving a side of fresh garden salad as well for fresh taste.
-Air fryer Ninja XL
-Large mixing bowl
-Measuring spoons set
🌡️Storage and reheating
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 days.
Reheat carrots and potatoes in a microwave or the air fryer at 360°F (recommended) for about 3-5 minutes or until hot.
Make sure to pat dry the vegetables very well for crispier results using a clean kitchen towel or paper towels.
Can I make this recipe in the oven?
-Yes, I made these roasted carrots and potatoes in the oven a lot of times. Roast them at 400° on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for about 30 minutes ( or until tender inside), stirring them every 10 minutes.
Can I freeze these potatoes and carrots?
-It is safe to freeze these roasted carrots and potatoes, but they might become mushy after reheating. For best results - make them fresh (it's so quick and easy) and refrigerate the leftovers.
🍲Other air fryer vegetables ideas
Air Fryer Carrots and Potatoes
- 1 Air fryer I used Ninja XL
- 1 large bowl
- 1 measuring spoons set
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 3 large carrots
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- ½ teaspoon dry parsley
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Wash, scrub and pat dry the vegetables.
- Chop the potatoes and carrots into approximately same size pieces. They do not need to be perfect.
- Add chopped vegetables and olive oil to the large bow. Mix well until coated.
- Transfer potatoes and carrots to air fryer basket. Air fry at 390°F for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are fork tender, tossing them half way.
- Take out the basket, add spice mix. Using a silicone spatula, mix until evenly coated.
- Air fry for another 5 minutes at 400°F checking (not too burn) and tossing them half way. Enjoy!
- use kitchen towel or paper towel to dry vegetables well for crispier results.
- all air fryers are different, so cooking time may differ.
- when air frying with spices, check and toss half way to make sure the spices and vegetables do not start burning. Reduce time if needed.
- caution hot - let vegetables cool down few minutes before removing them from the sir fryer